Random “nodename nor servname provided, or not known nodename nor servname provided, or not known” error

I get the following error randomly:

OpenQA.Selenium.WebDriverException: A exception with a null response was thrown sending an HTTP request to the remote WebDriver server for URL http://XXXXX:4723/wd/hub/session/2227ce9e-3887-4156-ac11-b71a91cbd397/appium/app/close. The status of the exception was NameResolutionFailure, and the message was: nodename nor servname provided, or not known nodename nor servname provided, or not known
 ---> System.Net.WebException: nodename nor servname provided, or not known nodename nor servname provided, or not known
 ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: nodename nor servname provided, or not known
 ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0xFFFDFFFF): nodename nor servname provided, or not known

Which makes no sense. Appium studio is running on the same computer, the hostname is correct and hostnames rarely disappear in the middle of a test run.

I suspect a misleading error message which brings me to the actual question:

What is the actual problem here?

Interesting.
Is it possible for you to share whole log file ? May be the logs above this specific error provides some hint.

To get the log file navigate to Help -> Open Logs Folder . This will open folder where Appium Studio*.log , error.log . Please share if possible via google drive or any other way and share the link here.

Sure, I’ll sanitise some logs when the problem happens next time.

The log files contain quite a bit of sensitive informations and I’m reluctant to share them on a public forum. We would a need a more secure way to share them.

Would it be okay that I mail you and you can send the log file as reply ?

Sure we can do that.

I have mailed you from my email address. Please reply me in that email