Failed to Registering Free Provisioning OS developer account with Appium Studio

Hi Kishore,

Its working just 15 days back.
Appium Studio Version: 12.10.6022
I’m using free developer account (its created more than 2 years back)

But is it mandatory to use Paid account,is there any alternative for this?

This is an error from Apple site, it is possible that they have recently added this check
I have a paid developer account which works fine but the free account does not work well.

This error is from backend when Appium Studio connects Apple with your credentials. Please check with your developer account (paid ) and let us know

Appium Studio always recommended paid account as free account had its own limitation even before.

If Apple has added something recently, even some other user complained , Appium Studio cannot do much about it
See the log below when we use Free account, the log indeed shows that its from Apple;s classes (not related to experitest related classes which is generally com.experitest.)

Server says: Please update to Xcode 7.3 or later to continue developing with your Apple ID. (3018).
at xign.client.entity.AppleServiceResponse.putRawResponse(AppleServiceResponse.java:49)
at xign.client.AppleDeveloperPortalClient.extractAppleServiceResponse(AppleDeveloperPortalClient.java:538)
at xign.client.AppleDeveloperPortalClient.sendRequest(AppleDeveloperPortalClient.java:448)
at xign.client.AppleDeveloperPortalClient.sendRequest(AppleDeveloperPortalClient.java:336)
at xign.client.entity.certificate.XCCertificateProvider.submitDevelopmentCSR(XCCertificateProvider.java:72)
at xign.client.entity.certificate.XCCertificateProvider.submitDevelopmentCSR(XCCertificateProvider.java:62)
at com.experitest.device.ios.profile.devportal.DevPortalController.submitDevelopmentCSR(DevPortalController.java:260)

Thanks for the Info, I’ll try using paid version

I think its best to wait for an update by me.

Hi,

I tried login with multiple paid accounts but i’m getting below error. Please help me in resolving the issue ASAP.

Hello,

I have mentioned to wait to try to get new developer account in last message.
“I think its best to wait for an update by me.”

BTW it could be because you are using normal password rather than App-Specific password.
Here is the way - https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204397
Let me know whats it the result.

I tried with multiple new developer accounts.

I’ll check about the app specific password.

Hi Kishore,

did you find anything?

As mentioned before, we will update when the problem is fixed.

Hi kishore,

i am facing the above mentioned issue .any update regarding this ???

We are working on the issue, when the problem is solved we will update this thread

Hi Kishore,

I am also facing the same issue, If you could suggest me with any workaround that would be great help.

Thank you.

Sorry Prakash, currently there is no workaround for this problem.

Hi all,

any update about this? With a free provisioning account I receive this error very similar (3019)

Sorry this is still not solved for Free Apple developer account.

Thanks for your feedback kishore, so for paid accounts the issue is resolved?

Apple Team developer accounts having wild card (supporting * bundle id’s (apps) example XYXYXY.*) things are working.

I am facing the same issue. Although the thread does show any resolution to this.

Please suggest a suitable solution.