Appium studio with react native

@kishore
HI,

I’m new to this appium studio. I just want to know the details of it. Would you provide the answers for the below questions it would be better to proceed with appium studio?

1. Appium studio with react native app testing is possible or not?
  2. Which driver will support the react native app’s testID elements as a view tag in the appium studio to identify the elements?
  3. Reg license support for appium studio and is it possible to integrate with the cloud without pay?
  • Appium Studio supports upload/install of application of .apk (android) and .ipa (iOS) and these apps should not be of production distribution. It does not matter what technology you use to install
  • In case of automation testing we only support now Appium Driver .
  • The identifiable xpath’s generally got from the accessibility frameworks of iOS and Android.
    -Cloud access only if its paid license

Thanks for immediate response.

One more question is, u said u have a support on appium driver for testing.

1.We are about to automate the react native application so appium driver will support the testID attribute of the react native application?
2. Community edition is free for 2 user right? How long can we use this community edition?

I’ve been using appium for testing android apps. Now this React native app’s testid attribute is not visible in appium’s uiautomator2. And espresso driver(one more driver in appium) has support for testid visibility but it doesn’t support the third party apps. So, in appium studio will i face the same issue like appium ? In appium studio we don’t have a driver like espresso and uiautomator so, only with appium driver is it possible to identify the reactnative app testid attribute?

• Appium Studio support Open source Appium library , you need to check testid support there. As far as I know Appium library does not support testid directly.
  • Yes Free for 2 users but please check the license agreement https://experitest.com/legal-appium/ and review it by your legal.

" Now this React native app’s testid attribute is not visible in appium’s uiautomator2. And espresso driver(one more driver in appium) has support for testid visibility but it doesn’t support the third party apps. So, in appium studio will i face the same issue like"

Yes, I think so. But since its free, you can use it check it out yourself for sanity.

okay, thanks a lot for ur info. Which driver is being used in appium studio to automate the scripts?
I was confused - we now only support Appium Driver during the automation test.

In Appium, we used the automation name uiautomator2 / espresso, what driver is used in Appium Studio to automate the scripts? can u explain it in detail

Appium Studio use Appium driver which uses uiautomator2 i believe.

Please check Appium open source

okay thank u so much.