Keep spinning when adding iOS simulator

Hi, team

As shown in picture below, it keep spinning for more than 10 minutes. I can’t continue adding a simulator.
And other simulators do not appear in the list.

I am running Appium Studio 11.2.32 on Mac.
Xcode 9.0.1

Sherry

Hi Sherry,

We are aware of this issue, this is caused due to updates in XCode 9

unfortunately, there isn’t a fix yet for this, I’ll be able to share an ETA in about a week time

Regards,

Tom

Hi, team!

Appium Studio 11.2.41
XCode 9.1.0

Still the same blocked issue.
It’s totally blocks for using Appium Studio at all.

Hi all

We’re sorry but there were some breaking changes in the recent XCode version (9)

We are working on the solution, but still unsure of the time it will take us to get to a stable release

I’ll update you guys as soon as I have some better news :no_mouth:

Hello Team,

We are planning to use Appium Studio, but we faced the issue to add iOS Simulator as it keeps spinning when adding iOS simulator. Kindly let us know when can we get the fix for the issue.

Any ETA?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi

We will add the support for simulators in XCode 9 in our 11.5 version which is expected to comeout by February 15th

I’ll share early release candidates as soon as we’ll have something stable enough

Hi Tom, Thanks for info :slight_smile:

Hi All,

We’ve the first release candidate which supports iOS Simulators

Please note that this version isn’t fully vetted by our QA engineers, and you should expect some overall issues

I’d like to ask for your help in exploratory testing testing with simulators, if you face any issues related to simulators we’d like to hear about them and resolve them for the final 11.5 release

http://d242m5chux1g9j.cloudfront.net/AppiumStudio_macos_11_5_9.dmg

Thanks

Tom