Unable to Open device: provision file issues with iPhone

I am facing issues when add a iPhone. the below error is displayed
“could not support non=instrumented mode. A provision profile with a wildcard and non-prefixed App-Id is required.”

questions:

1. Cant i use the direct provision file?
  2. How to add wildcard provision file? appium studio allows only apple id
  3. My provision profile is from my client so I need to connect from intranet? (appium studio license required internet :frowning: )
  4. I have got an error when i try to install directly without open the device as "the application installation on the device iPhone has failed ApplicationVerificationFailed : Failed to verify code signature of /private/var/installd/Library/Cashes/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.****/…/: 0xe8008015 (A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found.)

Hi

Q: are you working with MAC or Windows based PC?

1. Cant i use the direct provision file?

Yes, if you know how to create the mobileprovision \ p12 then you can import them into XCode

MAC
Appium studio will identify the profiles configured in XCode

Windows

Follow these steps

Step 1 -

Step 2 -

Step 3 -

1. How to add wildcard provision file? appium studio allows only apple id

you need to either register with your developer account, or add the mobileprovision which has wildcard app id

https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/IDEs/Conceptual/AppDistributionGuide/MaintainingProfiles/MaintainingProfiles.html

1. My provision profile is from my client so I need to connect from intranet? (appium studio license required internet :frowning: )

registration of the the developer profile account to appium studio requires internet access.
it allows the tool to submit requests for mobileprovisions on your behalf

1. I have got an error when i try to install directly without open the device as "the application installation on the device iPhone has failed ApplicationVerificationFailed : Failed to verify code signature of /private/var/installd/Library/Cashes/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.****/…/: 0xe8008015 (A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found.)

you need to configure a developer profile account or mobile provision

Just to add to Tom’s explain if you have a Mac computer with XCode installed on it you can export a developerprofile file which have all the information to connect AppiumStudio with your iOS devices.

I personally find easier to generate a developerprofile file than p12.

How to do this:

1. Open Xcode
  2. Go to Preferences -> Accounts
  3. Select the Apple ID and click the gear icon located in the left bottom of the window
  4. Press Export Accounts, set a name and password and you have it.
  5. Import the generated developerprofile file in AppiumStudio

Hope it helps.

1 Like

Many Thanks Tom & Macteoqx!!!
Its a mac machine. Let me try and update here.

I have tried easiest way first :slight_smile: as per mateoaqx’s suggestion. It works as expected with zero issue. Thanks a million!

1 Like

I’m glad it works! :blush:

You can create the developerprofile in a Apple computer and use it in a Windows one.

is there any need to paid apple developer account to open ios devices in mac machine?

When you add an iOS device to AppiumStudio you’re asked to put an Apple Developer Account that has the UDID of your iOS device assigned on it.

The purpose of having an Apple Developer Account is to allow AppiumStudio to install a tiny APP that permits you to send actions and get information from the device.

Not sure if there is a way to get a free account only to this purposes.

You can register to appium studio an apple id which is not associated with a developer account (standard free version)

However, this type of account has many limitations and not recommended for production environments

Thanks Tom and Mateoaqx.
You’re right. A paid account could solve the problem. But now, I have a critical question about the provisioning profile. in the link below, it is emphasized that we have to select ios development profile:
https://docs.experitest.com/display/public/AS106/Creating+a+provision+profile

In the developer apple site, we found that it is better to select “ad hoc” option in distribution provisioning profile. Is there any problem with this option?
https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/IDEs/Conceptual/AppDistributionGuide/TestingYouriOSApp/TestingYouriOSApp.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40012582-CH8-SW1

We need to get provisioning profile from development group which registered in apple developer as an enterprise account. So, based on this site, they could provide “ad hoc” provisioning profile. I need some facts to persuade them to give us the “ios” development provision.

Hi

The developer account is required in-order to install our agent application (PaltielX) that allows you to control iOS non-instrumented apps and test Safari

It doesn’t has to be the same developer account that you guys use to develop your application, you can generate a fresh account and register it to Appium studio

However, if in any point you’d want to instrument your application as part of the testing cycle, it is highly recommend to import the same developer account you are using to develop the application (since in some cases the app servers are verifying the app certificates)

Hi,
I am getting this error

Can Someone please help me out with what to do?

Would be highly appreciated, kinda stuck for weeks

Screenshot 2021-09-27 at 20.37.35

Hi Raheel,
Please check the following documentation link:-
https://docs.experitest.com/display/TC/AS+-+Creating+a+provision+profile

You need to add the list of devices which will use the profile during the profile creation itself (5th point in the documentation). Please confirm if you did this step.

@chinni.sai
I did all these steps but still getting the same above error …