Unable to automate Safari on iPhone

Tested with SeeTest Automation 20.3, no error with my iPhone device. But in facts, SeeTests Automation configuration is not the same than Appium Studio. I can’t use it with Intellij :

Unable to create a new remote session. Please check the server log for more details. Original error: Unable to parse remote response: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>faultCode0faultStringFailed to parse XML-RPC request: Content is not allowed in prolog.

I am using Community Edition, so I will probably wait for a new release.

Also using Community Edition.

I’ve got the same error on version 20.1.6447, maybe linked to iOS version ?

Maybe it is an incompatibility between the Appium Studio version and the iOS version.

I am also seeing this error after updating an iPhone X from iOS 13.1 to 13.4.1
Has anyone figured out a workaround?

Same as mentioned in thread Appium Studio not working for Ipad OS 13.4

Anyone got any solution for this? or any alternative?

Basil,

I think currently there is not work around as there is no support for 13.4 in Appium Studio 20.2. Please wait for 20.3 to be uploaded in Appium Studio community version website.

Thank you for your response!

When is the Appium studio 20.3 coming out? IS it coming out any time soon?

As far as I know its not been uploaded as yet. We will update this thread once uploaded.

Appium Studio 20.3 can be download via https://experitest.com/mobile-test-automation/appium-studio (It will be mailed after registration)

1 Like

Hi,

I’ve tried on fryday to download the latest version, but I didn’t received the email with download link. Any idea about this ?

Please check your Email Junk folder or contact your Email Server Admin they would have rejected our email.

I had to download it with the email of one of my collegue, I guess there is a problem on your side with already used email maybe ?
Anyway, I’m downloading the last version right now and keep you inform if problem persist.

Bad news, I have a lot of error of the type : “Failed to complete internal method”, wether doing a simple sendKeys in a field or an ExecuteScript. But it does not happened on every fields.

Please paste the section of the log which give you this error.

The logs are in %appiumstudio%\appiumstudio in Appium Studio-YY-dd-mm-min-seconds.log

Just installed 20.4.6801 and the issue is fixed now. Thank you Experitest team!

Here is the log of the error that I have on a scroll method :

java.lang.RuntimeException: element was found but is not visible
at com.experitest.device.HybridWebElement.getElementPositionProps(HybridWebElement.java:656)
at com.experitest.device.HybridWebElement.initLocation(HybridWebElement.java:560)
at com.experitest.device.HybridWebElement.getLocation(HybridWebElement.java:457)
at com.experitest.device.WebSearchAdaptor.operate(WebSearchAdaptor.java:296)
at com.experitest.image.agent.Controller.getIdleObjPositionByXpath(Controller.java:3226)
at com.experitest.image.agent.Controller.access$3100(Controller.java:257)
at com.experitest.image.agent.Controller$WaitForElementLogic.handleWebIdentType(Controller.java:12056)
at com.experitest.image.agent.Controller$WaitForElementLogic.tryFindPosition(Controller.java:11993)
at com.experitest.image.agent.Controller$WaitForElementLogic.invoke(Controller.java:11930)
at com.experitest.image.agent.Controller.waitForElementIntWithSt(Controller.java:2875)
at com.experitest.image.agent.Controller.waitForElementInt(Controller.java:2864)
at com.experitest.image.agent.Controller.findElements(Controller.java:3028)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor154.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.experitest.image.agent.controller.ControllerMediator.handleCommandExecution(ControllerMediator.java:90)
at com.experitest.image.agent.controller.ControllerMediator.invoke(ControllerMediator.java:69)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy16.findElements(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.experitest.image.agent.appium.backend.commands.SeeTestControllerProxy.invokeMethod(SeeTestControllerProxy.java:55)
at com.experitest.image.agent.appium.backend.commands.AppiumCommandsSeeTestControllerProxy.invoke(AppiumCommandsSeeTestControllerProxy.java:50)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy16.findElements(Unknown Source)
at com.experitest.image.agent.appium.backend.commands.find.GeneralFindElementCommand.findElements(GeneralFindElementCommand.java:124)
at com.experitest.image.agent.appium.backend.commands.find.GeneralFindElementCommand.findElements(GeneralFindElementCommand.java:61)
at com.experitest.image.agent.appium.backend.commands.find.GeneralFindElementCommand.findElements(GeneralFindElementCommand.java:45)
at com.experitest.image.agent.appium.backend.commands.find.FindChildElementsCommand.doExecute(FindChildElementsCommand.java:9)
at com.experitest.image.agent.appium.backend.commands.AppiumCommand.execute(AppiumCommand.java:170)
at com.experitest.image.agent.appium.http.AppiumGenericCommandHandler.lambda$executeCommand$1(AppiumGenericCommandHandler.java:314)
at com.experitest.utils.background.BackgroundTasks$DelegatingRenamingCallable.call(BackgroundTasks.java:221)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

And here is what I have on a sendText method :

2020-04-30 16:46:39,301 [Restlet-21002987-sendKeys-sid:f9902124-611b-4e90-a6de-717211deb862] (backend.commands.AppiumCommand) ERROR Exception of type ‘com.experitest.image.agent.appium.backend.errors.STAppiumException’ : An unknown server-side error occurred. status=‘false’. Failed to complete internal method: ‘elementSendText args: [WEB, xpath=(//[@id=‘autocompleteInput’])[1], 0, Sao Paulo]’, details:
com.experitest.image.agent.appium.backend.errors.STAppiumException: An unknown server-side error occurred. status=‘false’. Failed to complete internal method: 'elementSendText args: [WEB, xpath=(//
[@id=‘autocompleteInput’])[1], 0, Sao Paulo]’, details:
at com.experitest.image.agent.appium.backend.errors.STAppiumException.newUnknownErrorException(STAppiumException.java:89)
at com.experitest.image.agent.appium.backend.commands.AppiumCommandsSeeTestControllerProxy.validateInvokeResult(AppiumCommandsSeeTestControllerProxy.java:102)
at com.experitest.image.agent.appium.backend.commands.AppiumCommandsSeeTestControllerProxy.invoke(AppiumCommandsSeeTestControllerProxy.java:51)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy16.elementSendText(Unknown Source)
at com.experitest.image.agent.appium.backend.commands.element.ElementSendKeysCommand.doExecute(ElementSendKeysCommand.java:39)
at com.experitest.image.agent.appium.backend.commands.AppiumCommand.execute(AppiumCommand.java:170)
at com.experitest.image.agent.appium.http.AppiumGenericCommandHandler.lambda$executeCommand$1(AppiumGenericCommandHandler.java:314)
at com.experitest.utils.background.BackgroundTasks$DelegatingRenamingCallable.call(BackgroundTasks.java:221)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Could be because Hybrid Application.

Suggest you to install the app in instrumented mode , use the xpath for the element too for this instrumented mode and run u r code too instrumented mode (while running the app make sure instrumentApp capability)