Unable to add ios simulator in appium studio

I am trying to add an ipad simulator to do automation testing. My x code
version is 8.3.3. When i try to add simulator it shows an error “Failed to
init simulator injector. Failed to restart UI Automation for simulator , try
removing and adding the simulator again”.

Please let me know to solve this. After fresh install i was able to add one
simulator but then on i am not able to add again. I tried uninstalling and re
installing the appium studio but unfortunately it did not worked.

Hi,

Can you try with the latest build?

Hi,

I tried with the latest version today and i face the same error “Failed to init simulator injector”

Also, I could select only iphone 5s with ios 11. The dropdown of list of simulators defaulted to iphone 5s.

Hi, have the save problem (iPhone 5s only and don’t launch), don’t know what to do, my xcode version is 9.1.

Hi all

please follow a duplicate thread

I’m sorry but we still don’t have a version that supports simulators on XCode 9

Hi Tom;

Any update on XCODE 9 simulator support ?

thanks
Walter

Hi Walter

I don’t have any updates yet.

We are about to release the 11.3 version, which doesn’t include the support, I still don’t have the full feature list for 11.4 \ 11.5

I’ll update as-soon as I’ll get the news

Regards

Tom

Hello Tom,

Any update on the support and ETA?

Yes, we are planning to include the support for simulators in our 11.6 version which is expected to release by the end of March 2018
I’ll share here Release candidates as soon as we’ll have something ready to play wiht

It’s excelent behaviour about totally block issue - “Will be fixed in a half of year, possibly”. I think, I’ll not be waiting so long and try to find another software.
It’s not good point to wait so long time (from Sep’2017) for fixing even possibility of using your software with iOS emulator…

Hi,
Due to the technology which Appium Studio is built on, and the abilities that it provides around iOS testing of 3rd party iOS applications, the implementations around simulators requires intensive RnD efforts

We are making the efforts and pushing this issue up the priority ladder, it’s current estimated release (11.5)
should be around mid February 2018, I’ll share the first version as soon as possible

I’m sorry if this issue blocks you from working, there isn’t much that I can offer for now besides developing on real devices

Regards,

Tom

Hi All,

We’ve the first release candidate which supports iOS Simulators

Please note that this version isn’t fully vetted by our QA engineers, and you should expect some overall issues

I’d like to ask for your help in exploratory testing testing with simulators, if you face any issues related to simulators we’d like to hear about them and resolve them for the final 11.5 release

http://d242m5chux1g9j.cloudfront.net/AppiumStudio_macos_11_5_9.dmg

Thanks

Tom