Two issues about Appium studio

Hello All,
My two issues are the following:

First issue:

I have recently started using Appium Studio Community edition. I was able to connect my mobile device to it, import my test application and then I recorded a test scenario with it. After recording I could see a script getting generated.

My question is if I now want to edit the generated script, that is write more commands and put in code logic, that is “if statements”, “for loops” etc, where do I go to it? I tried to edit the script from the same interface, but it did not work.

So, is it possible to edit the generated code? I know it is possible to do so this using the Appium Studio Eclipse plugin.

Second issue:
I have also given the Eclipse version a try. I have setup the environment to work with the appium studio plugin in Eclipse. But I have encountered a problem while running my tests. I connected to the remote device service provided by Experitest using an authentication key and I was able to start a mobile device. I installed my “application under test” on that device and then I tried to run my test code. When I am did so, I got a “NoSuchElement” exception. I am sure I have provided the right html markup. Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong?

Thank you

Hello,

1st Issue: You need to copy the generated code from AppiumStudio to your IDE (eclipse in your case), then in your Eclipse project add the libraries and modify your script.The AppiumStudio only generates the code, it doesn’t allow you to add/remove anything from the code.

2nd Issue: I only use Visual Studio and all my test are under C#, so I cannot help you.