Simulator list is empty. Do you have installed simulators?

I’m trying to add iOS Simulator iPhone 6s with 10.1 firmware I’ve also tried adding other simulators with different firmware as well and I’m getting this message Simulator list is empty. Do you have installed simulators? I’m not sure if there’s issue with Xcode version 11.4.1. I’m running AppiumStudio 12.3.4974 and on macOS Catalina 10.15.4 Please advise. Android works fine.

You need to import an application which was built for simulators and not for real devices

Have you followed this - https://docs.experitest.com/display/TDB/SeeTestAutomation+-+Connecting+An+iOS+Simulator

Where’s the instructions to import this application? I’m only looking for web on mobile I don’t have application as of now just web testing on mobile. In the past like around 1 year ago or less I did not need to do anything for iOS simulators to work with web test as I remember Appium Studio found the devices both iOS and Android fine. Why now we need to do this extra step in order to find iOS devices inside AppiumStudio? If I need to get an application .ipa in order for the iOS Device to appear listed can you please provide me with an application. Thanks.

According to this https://docs.experitest.com/display/TDB/SeeTestAutomation+-+Connecting+An+iOS+Simulator it appears that the iOS simulator device should appear listed. So why am I not seeing the device listed?

Sorry I misunderstood that you are having problem in recognizing the applcations.

Steps:

1. Open AppiumStudio
  2. Click on Device>Add Device>iOS Simulator

Then this message appears “Simulator list is empty. Do you have installed simulators?”

NOTE: Android works fine.

Hi Kishore,

Any idea about this…?

Steps:

1. Open AppiumStudio
  2. Click on Device>Add Device>iOS Simulator

Then this message appears “Simulator list is empty. Do you have installed simulators?”

NOTE: Although… Android emulators work fine.

Sorry not seen this problem as till now nobody asked this atleast based on this forum.

I suggest you check the logs if you catch any error and if possible paste that section here so that any user can comment on it. You can get logs via Help -> Open Logs Folder and get the Appium Studio*.log.

Hi Kishore,

I uninstalled and reinstalled and now it’s fine. I think what happened the first time I installed it I did not perform and upgrade but instead I just went for a fresh install and this perhaps messed up the connection to Xcode but not sure.

Good that it worked !
Thanks … appreciate you updating the forum so that in future ppl can use your solution.