Not able to add an Android Device

Hi All,

Using this forum for first time, but I believe its quiet responsive forum.

I am using Mac desktop and is doing an automation for mobile devices. I have installed Appium Desktop and Appium Studio. I tried adding an Android device in appium studio but the popup just goes in a flash. But the pop up to add devices comes up for iOS.

The appium studio version is 12.7.5 and its a community edition.

Any further input required please feel free to let know

1 Like

Please try to attach screen shot or please provide the error from the Error log.

To get the Error log , From menu click Open Logs folder , and paste the error from the file Appium Studio*.log

Thanks Kishore for your prompt response. The log file is empty.

Close your appium studio and then check if its not empty and if so paste the log

Also have you tried provisioning the IOS profile ?
See - https://docs.experitest.com/display/TC/AS+-+Connecting+an+iOS+Device

Navigate to log file from Appium Studio
Help–>>Open Log folder.
Open the latest log file and modify the below command as per the path you find in your log file

sudo chmod +x /Applications/AppiumStudio/bin/adb/adb

Hi, I am not able to add my Android device! when i click Add Device-> Android device the dialogue bar disappears and nothing pops up! Instead, when I try adding an IOS device it works fine! I am having the same error as Thusar!

2019-08-28 12:03:08,948 [Devices Connectivity Watch Dog] (device.manager.CheckDevices) ERROR CheckDevices Thread Failure.
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program “/Applications/AppiumStudio/bin/adb/adb”: error=13, Permission denied
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048)
at com.experitest.device.manager.AndroidDeviceManager.getAdbDevices(AndroidDeviceManager.java:592)
at com.experitest.device.manager.CheckDevices.checkAndroidDevices(AndroidDeviceManager.java:669)
at com.experitest.device.manager.CheckDevices.run(AndroidDeviceManager.java:654)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: error=13, Permission denied
at java.lang.UNIXProcess.forkAndExec(Native Method)
at java.lang.UNIXProcess.(UNIXProcess.java:248)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:134)
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
… 3 more

Please use the commend sudo chmod +x /Applications/AppiumStudio/bin/adb/adb

You mean vi the log file and save the sudo command or just run the Sudo command on my terminal!

Please run command : sudo chmod +x /Applications/AppiumStudio/bin/adb/adb
in terminal

It solved my problem, and further, I run:

sudo chmod -R +x /Applications/AppiumStudio/bin

hope can help others.

That won’t be enough. Just noticed that …bin/adb/js/zipalign is missing the execute flag as well. And you only see this very deep down the applications logs.

Hi, I am not able to add my Android device. When i click at Add Device > Android device: Dialogue box disappear and nothing pops up.
Instead, when I try to add an iOS device it works fine.

Error Logs:
2019-11-14 13:45:25,075 [Devices Connectivity Watch Dog] (device.manager.CheckDevices) ERROR CheckDevices Thread Failure.
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program “C:\Program”: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Unknown Source)
at com.experitest.device.manager.AndroidDeviceManager.getAdbDevices(AndroidDeviceManager.java:594)
at com.experitest.device.manager.CheckDevices.checkAndroidDevices(AndroidDeviceManager.java:669)
at com.experitest.device.manager.CheckDevices.run(AndroidDeviceManager.java:654)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(Unknown Source)
… 7 more
2019-11-14 13:45:35,076 [Devices Connectivity Watch Dog] (device.manager.CheckDevices) ERROR CheckDevices Thread Failure.
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program “C:\Program”: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(Unknown Source)
at com.experitest.device.manager.AndroidDeviceManager.getAdbDevices(AndroidDeviceManager.java:594)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(Unknown Source)
… 7 more

Can you see any “Permission denied” in the logs ? If so then you are hitting the same problem and you can try out sudo with the file which does not have permission

Did you set the executable flag? See my posting:

As per my team this was fixed and works in 12.10 onwards. But I am not sure if it was fixed the same way as you posted.

Thanks for heads up. To bad I have to fill on all my contact info :disappointed: . I’m a programmer. I don’t want to contacted by sales again.

I am facing the same issue on windows machine
CreateProcess error=2,