How to interact with UIAWebview in safari browser using AppiumStudio

Hello all,

Can someone help me how to interact with UIAWebview in safari browser using Appium Studio?

I have a site “https://m.liidaveqa.com/”, and once i click on hamburger icon left top corner, we will see Sign In option displayed. But when i am trying to inspect with spy, i observed the controls are loaded under UIAView.
Unable to click on Sign In link there.

Tried getting getHandles, only getting Native and WebView_1. Tried setting both Native and WebView_1 contexts before clicking on Sign In.

I recorded the steps to click on Sign In(generated code below), that is working only in Appium Studio IDE, but when i copy the code into Eclipse project that is not working.
driver.context(“WEBVIEW_1”);
new WebDriverWait(driver, 60).until(ExpectedConditions.presenceOfElementLocated(By.linkText(“Sign In”)));
driver.findElement(By.linkText(“Sign In”)).click();

Can someone help on this?

Thanks,
Uday

Can someone please help me on this???

I am somehow doubt about the desired capatilities i am using. Following are what i am using:

dc.setCapability(“reportDirectory”, reportDirectory);
dc.setCapability(“reportFormat”, reportFormat);
dc.setCapability(“testName”, “Test”);
dc.setCapability(MobileCapabilityType.UDID, strDeviceName);
dc.setBrowserName(MobileBrowserType.SAFARI);
driver = new IOSDriver(new URL(“http://localhost:4723/wd/hub”), dc);

Hi Uday,

Your capabilities are OK, I was able to recreate the issue on my end and have notified our QA team about.

I’m going to investigate it further to get a better idea of the issue.

In the meantime, please download the latest version of Appium Studio.

Hi Nivi,

Thanks for your reply.

We also tried to set “Native_app_non_instrumented” context and didnt work.
We added all custom webviews to app.properties with no luck.

Having tough time to automate Native app also with similar views inside Native context.

In native app, which is behaving strange, while sometimes the applications launches in Native context and sometimes Web context while recording or opening application manually. Can you please let me know what is causing this?

Looking forward to hear.

Thanks,
Uday

Hi Uday,

I notified our development team.

I will update here as soon as the issue is resolved.