How? Changing from using 7 day Apple Signing of PaltielX.ipa App to using a friends Apple Developer account signed PaltielX App?

How? Going from using 7 day Apple Signing of PaltielX.ipa App to using a friends Apple Developer account signed PaltielX App?

How we did BEFORE.

• See, I cant ask for his Developer account password access.

• My original way of using AS was using the 7 day window using 1/2 personal Apple accounts

• For that I’d go into - Tools - iOS Profile Management etc. & so on as shown in these windows.

• Set this up and then Add iOS Device from AS which would then install & sign PaltielX App IPA by itself.

• Then I would/ could go and do Open Device and have control access to the iPhone and be able to play and test as required

What we did now.

• Now to avoid the drama of 7 day resigning of PaltielX, he “pre-signed” the Paltiel X App IPA (using his Apple Developer Account) and sent it to me.

• To avoid the signing get Reset he said to not use Cydia Impactor or similar to Sideload.

• So I installed it using iTunes (dropped IPA into iTunes) and got the PaltielX App installed on the phone(s).

But now, I am unable to figure out how to go about

• Adding iOS Device
  • Open iOS Device for access

He also sent me a file: [appium_studio_test.mobileprovision] file but given the UI Dialogs in AS I am not sure how to get this to work. And he’s new to AS so he’s not sure either (yet).

Is there a way to do this correctly:

• Without him having to share his Dev Account details with me - Not sharing his control
  • But giving me a way to:
    • Add iOS Devices (2/3) to AS and then
    • Open them from AS without the signing expiring every 7 days.

So I wonder if we use the PreSigned IPA he sent (Install via iTunes) or use AS to do the Install (dynamically sign via some provisioning stuff he sends)?

What STEPS do we have to FOLLOW?

• At his end
  • At my end

iOS Profile Management & Code Signing Dialogs:

Add iOS Device Dialog:

Additional info/ query:

UI Dialog

I’ve never heard of a password for a signing cert, no sure where that comes from.

I think Password may be optional but 2 files (.mobileconfig & .p12) are required for Option 3 and 1 DEF file for option 4

Let me know which works easier / better and we can give it a try.

The .mobileprovision file sent requires a .p12 certificate as shown by this UI message.

.p12 file should be in then windows profile folder i.e
C:\Users"UserName"\AppData\Roaming\xdef\apple-accounts and further in your account directory.