Can we use Appium Studio with Device clouds?

Hi Experitest Team,

I want to know if we can use Appium Studio with Device clouds like Amazon AWS Device Farm or Saucelabs?

Is it planned for the Future?

Hi,
The tests you are creating using Appium Studio can run on any device cloud provider.

You can also register and login into https://cloud.experitest.com
It will enable both reserve devices for test development as well as large scale executions.

To register you need to do the followings:

1. Click on the ‘Cloud’ icon in the studio
  2. Click on ‘Cloud Configuration’
  3. Click on ‘Register’
  4. After you register use your user name and password in order to login.
  5. Once login you can access devices from a pool of hundreds of devices:
1 Like

Thanks guy for the quick response.

hi,
Appium Studio target is to simplify the building of tests.
Once the test is built you can run it using any mobile cloud provider.
You just need to replace the driver provide by SeeTest we the generic driver.

If we change the driver to appium ios driver, will we still able to verify our scripts using appium studio on windows machine before actually running them on AWS cloud service.
if you can explain it more clearly than it would help

Thank you
Raj

No, if you run on windows machine you will need to use the driver provided by the Appium Studio.

can you guys explain it more clearly or a demo would also help. one of our clients is looking for it, they want to run there ios scripts on AWS cloud farm, if we can do it from Appium studio then i can propose them this tool.

Hi,
Appium Studio enable you to easily create appium tests.
Once you have created the tests you can run them where ever you chose.

So the flow to follow is as follow:

1. Create a test using Appium Studio.
  2. Run it locally using Appium Studio.
  3. In order to run it on AWS you will need to change the driver implementation to the original implementation that comes with Appium.

Hi

I just want to know why after I register and login, there is no available devices that I can use? :confused:
Is there any problem or requirements i need to do before I could have an access to various cloud devices?

thank you in advance

Hi,

I would suggest to read this post talks more about the changes that has been done since 14th february.

1. Unfortunately - we had to make a hard choice, and disable the ability of Appium Studio CE to connect to the cloud - this has to do with the fact that Appium Studio was built to support locally USB connected devices, simulators and emulators - and doesn’t perform well enough (with respect of development of test cases) against remote devices

2. You can (and should :slight_smile: ) execute test cases that you develop with Appium studio against seetest.io
    seetest.io platform fully supports all of the Appium \ Client based commands

3. If you wish to develop test cases against the cloud devices, your best option is to go with Appium Studio for Eclispe
    https://docs.experitest.com/display/TD/Appium+Studio+for+Eclipse+-+Installation3